Thursday, February 24, 2011

Top Ten Movie Quotes of 2010

In honor of the Academy Awards this weekend, I am going to try and put up a movie post each day until Sunday.  Ok, yeah, it probably won't happen.  Fuck off, I'm trying!

Here are my favorite quotes from the various flicks of 2010.  By all means, feel free to add your favorites in the comments.


10.)  "Sunnyside is a place of ruin and despair, ruled by an evil bear who smells of stawberries." -- Mr. Pricklepants (Timothy Dalton), Toy Story 3


9.)  "This guy did not just get off the fuckin' couch.  If he did, I'm gonna get a couch like that." -- Mickey (Mark Wahlberg), The Fighter


8.)  "This meal is terrible.  It tastes like roasted dog asshole.  I asked myself, 'Who would slow-roast a dog's asshole and feed it to me'?  You would." --Allen (Will Ferrell), The Other Guys


7.)  "You write your snide bullshit from a dark room, because that is what the angry do nowadays." -- Erica (Rooney Mara), The Social Network


6.)  Stacey:  "Did you really see a future with this girl?"
      Scott:  "Like...with jetpacks?" -- Stacey and Scott Pilgrim (Anna Kendrick and Michael Cera), Scott Pilgrim vs. the World


5.)  "Oh my God!  I'm gonna cum!  Shia Lebeouf!" -- Lou (Rob Cordrey), Hot Tub Time Machine


4.)  "I think that if your clients want to sit on my shoulders and call themselves tall, they have the right to give it  a try - but there is no requirement that I enjoy sitting here, listening to people lie.  You have part of my attention - you have the minimal amount.  The rest of my attention is back at the offices of Facebook, where my colleagues and I are doing things that no one in this room, including and especially your clients, are intellectually or creatively capable of doing. [pauses] Did I accurately answer your condescending question?"  -- Mark Zuckerberg (Jesse Eisenberg), The Social Network


3.)  "There are very few fiddle tunes I've not heard.  Once heard, they are locked in my mind forever.  It is a sadness to me that I have sausage fingers that cannot crowd onto a fretboard....little fat girls at cotillion." -- Rooster Cogburn (Jeff Bridges), True Grit


2.)  "I'm 6'5", 220 lbs. and there are two of me!" -- Tyler Winklevoss (Armie Hammer), The Social Network


1.)  Kick Ass: "How do I get a hold of you?"
      Hit Girl:  "You just contact the mayor's office.  He has a special signal that he shines in the sky; it's in the shape of a giant cock." -- Hit Girl (Chloe Moretz), Kick-Ass



1 comment:

*uncorked said...

Your #4 is probably my #1 or 2. Great list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails