Friday, January 28, 2011

Blogs are Cool

Ok, I am shitty at this whole blogging thing, I admit it.  Any of you who actually follow my blog are in some form, masochists - because I blog once every six months.  That means that you like what you read, yet you're willing to wait until this moron whom you've never met either gets drunk enough to feel confident or self-indulgent enough to write something that he feels is acceptable to post into 'public'.

It's a weird form of arrogance, when you think about it.  I want to post all the time, but I don't think most of my writing is good enough.  So I don't.  Which means when I actually do post, I think it's hot shit.  But I post when I'm drunk, so it usually isn't the case.  Grrr, if you're still following, you're either very loyal, or you have nothing better to do (I so respect both parties, so please don't leave me!).

My new goal is just to write when something strikes me - without reading over it a hundred times and freaking out every time my cursor hovers over the 'Publish Post' button.

So here's my first:  tonight, I had a wild Skype conversation.  It involved life, death, airplane etiquette, butt-fucking, and The Goonies.  Man, I hope I didn't just get flagged by some government agency over that last sentence.  Like in Conspiracy Theory when they tag everyone who reads Catcher in the Rye, cause they probably have three names and are a government assassin?

But the conversation brought to my attention how cool blogs are.  The Skype-ness took place between three people:  my amazing girl (who I met through my blog) and her dear friend (who she met through her blog).  I would have never had this great conversation were it not for the 'blogosphere'.  'V' would not have this great friend, either.  This fact is not lost on me.

So I will get better at this.  If for no other reason than there are fucking cool people out there, if you're just willing to share.

4 comments:

Laurnie said...

Great post :-) I'm glad you gave in to having a blog

*uncorked said...

I'm glad too.

Lola Lakely said...

Agree! Agree! Agree!

And if we hadn't met, I would never have gotten asked whether I really had a three way with you or not.

Welcome to the Clusterf*ck said...

@Lola - you told them we did, right? Cause I've been telling everyone....

Related Posts with Thumbnails