Thursday, October 28, 2010

HIDDEN GEMS II (Halloween Edition)

This is a cop out post.  I haven't written anything in awhile, although I do have some good ones coming up (my weekend in Vegas with one of the coolest chicks in the world just a few short days ago will be coming out shortly).

But it is Halloween week, so I felt the need to hit you up with something.  So here is another Hidden Gem, scary movie-style.

THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES (2002)
Starring:  Richard Gere, Laura Linney, and the truly awesome Will Patton
Directed By:  Mark Pellington
Running Time:  119 minutes

Why?:  Because original, intelligent, and genuinely creepy thrillers are so hard to find these days.  Especially ones that are this well done.  Especially ones that are this well done starring Richard 'Gerbil Tube' Gere.  And it's "Based on True Events".

But then again, so was Bloodsport.  Enjoy.

Check the trailer:



Come on, that chap stick moment is fucking killer....

2 comments:

*uncorked said...

OMG! I was just in Vegas with one of the coolest chicks in the world too!

Don't you love that Laurnie girl?!

Also, this movie gave me nightmares. For days I thought I saw that goddamn thing everywhere and was convinced I was going to die.

Laurnie said...

I knew you were talking about me. Right?? No? Dammit. Its ok, if anyone is going to take your attention away enough for you to forget to even wish me a happy birthday, Im ok with it being that other cool chick ;)

Wes and I are having slasher movie night on Sunday. Im freaked.

Related Posts with Thumbnails