Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Humble Little Abode. Like, really little.

Yup, finally out of the house, the Hotel Pequito.  Moving from a large house by the beach to a small apartment further inland has some drawbacks.  One, I miss the view terribly.  I miss having my own driveway.  I miss having the counter space to cook a large meal.  I miss having a bathroom that is more than four feet away from the head of my bed (no more Taco Night at Drew's place).   And I do actually, to a point, miss having the space and the freedom to entertain.

But my little apartment has some perks.  One in particular - it is MINE.  When I wake up, I can walk around in my boxers and not worry about blinding another human being with my pastiness.  I can scratch myself on any spot on my body, at any point in the day, let out a long sigh - and I won't have to deal with judging eyes.  And when I come home after a long day (of which I have many) I can pour myself a whiskey, and do...well, whatever the fuck my little heart desires.

So here it is, my little nook.  I don't know why anyone but me would care, but it makes me happy.  And sometimes, you just have to share that shit with people.


My building, from the outside.  I'm on top, natch.


No garage, but covered parking works for me.


Not a spectacular view, but the sunsets are pretty killer.


The view coming in the door - cozy, ain't it?


Any idea what to put on the shelves?  Pictures, candles, etc?  And that TV stand is very temporary.


My present to myself, for getting through the move.  My 42" Panasonic Plasma, 1080p.


The wittle kitchen.  Not hosting Thanksgiving dinner here, that's for sure.


The 'breakfast nook' needed a purpose.  It is now home to the much discussed DVD collection.  There are about 1,000 more in my closet, no joke.


Derby's Tavern (A Christmas present from Laurnie - I finally put it up!).

**The quote at the bottom reads:

"Let's drink to California
way out by the sea
where a woman's ass
and a whiskey glass
made a horse'e ass of me."

Thanks BFF.


My favorite picture, Picasso's The Old Guitarist.  There is just something incredibly melancholy and peaceful about it.  And a little sad.


Gotta have a spot for the booze.  In case you are wondering where the Jack is - I am living on the cheap at the moment, so it is Seagram's 7.  And Red Cups - classy all the way.


This is where the magic....doesn't happen nearly enough.


Anyway, that is it.  The place is so small (yet expensive - fucking Southern California) that I can't even get in good position to take a picture of the bathroom.  Which sucks, because I am proud of the job I did on the color scheme (Oh shit, did I really just say that?).  And the lack of pics from the bedroom and patio are due to the fact that they aren't finished yet.

Ok, now go away.  I gotta play a little Wii Punchout, and you people are getting in the way.  This joint ain't big enough for the both of us.

5 comments:

*uncorked said...

It looks great! Very cozy - and your view is still better than mine. I look at Restaurant Sarajevo and a park where people get arrested every day. And no covered parking.

The flowers in the kitchen are a nice tough. Very rugged and manly.

DSS said...

I don't think I have EVER seen so many DVDs in my life. You should probably consider operating a rental service of sorts to supliment your rent :-o

Laurnie said...

That wall is awkwardly bare. We need to do something about that.

瑞尹 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。....................................................................

湘均湘均 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

Related Posts with Thumbnails